Second the DON’Ts:
• Don’t go against your host’s legal boundaries. Respect their terms and conditions.
• Don’t ignore the quality of your content. Be specific with posting information.
• Don’t provoke fights. Sometimes comments can be a pain. And sometimes, none of it is true. Let it go and don't waste your energy.
• Don’t waste a post with inappropriate details that would just confuse your audience.
• Don’t copy the works of others. They might sue you for plagiarism for this. Produce something original. Imitations trigger criticisms.
• Don’t be afraid to advertise. It’s one way to make your blog famous among the masses. Go to other sites and leave your blog address. It’s a matter of give and take.
• Don’t attack individuals, companies or fellow bloggers. Show respect. If you disagree with an opinion, tell it with caution.
• Don’t disregard your responsibilities. Journalism still has its price. Being able to write in a liberated way doesn’t erase you of your obligations.
Most internet sites like Yahoo! and IBM publish their guidelines on blogging. It is intended to be read, understood, and accepted by the blogger. Obey certain rules and policies. It won’t do you wrong. Libelous materials could cause you problems, so better follow the rules.